Installing removable wallpaper is so easy to install! This simple tutorial will teach you everything you need to know so that you can install your own wallpaper in no time!
Removable wallpaper is perfect for our rental home and I plan on doing A LOT of it while we’re living here. I put together a little tutorial video for you to watch but you can follow the easy step below to get started. This beautiful removable wallpaper is from KAVKA DESIGNS. You can order yours and while you wait for it to be delivered, follow my easy steps for applying it!
- KAVKA DESIGNS removable wallpaper
- Metal Ruler (optional)
- Craft Knife
- Squeegee (KAVKA DESIGNS includes this in your order)
- Step Stool
1) Prepare your wall. The wall you are applying your peel and stick wallpaper to should be smooth, clean and dry.
2) Mark a plumb vertical line on your wall using your level. Do not trust your molding or corners to be even. You MUST do this with a level, especially if you have an older home.
3) Let’s get started! You want to peel the paper backing away from the top of the room just a few inches. Make sure you get the first piece lined up perfectly straight. The first piece is the most important, so take your time! Remember that the wallpaper can be removed to readjust. Use your squeegee to smooth the wallpaper into place and to get rid of any air bubbles by moving them to the edge of the wallpaper until they disappear.
4) When you need to apply the wallpaper around trim or other obstacles, use your craft knife to make a few relief cuts in towards the molding and smooth the wallpaper into the area. Take off any excess paper. I had to do this around the door frame but it turned out to be very easy.
5) Keep applying and realigning! Take a step back and make sure everything lines up and when you’re done make sure to appreciate the hard work you just put in!
6) Tag me when you’re finish with your design so I can see your removable wallpaper designs!