It’s time to get cooking so I’m sharing my favorite kid friendly/summer time recipe with you just in time for the Fourth of July. These mini pretzel bun cheeseburgers are perfect as an appetizer or as the main dish for the kids. I’m sharing everything you need to make the holiday a great one.
In my opinion, no Independence Day is complete without hot dogs and cheeseburgers! But my kids can be pretty picky eaters so I have to get creative when cooking. But these mini pretzel cheese burgers are a hit! And the adults love them as an appetizer.
Mini Pretzel Cheese Burgers
- 1 tub Pretzilla® Soft Pretzel Bites
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8-10 slices of bacon cooked (optional)
- Cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- Lettuce leaves (shaved)
- Slices American Cheese
For the Buns:
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add Pretzilla® Soft Pretzel Bites and toast for about 4 minutes or until heated through, stirring and turning bites so they don’t brown too much.
- Transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with salt from enclosed packet.
- Let cool before cutting in half.
For the Burgers:
- Combine ground beef, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well and divide into about 20 patties.
- Preheat stove top pan to medium and cook each burger for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Top each burger bun with a small piece of lettuce, cheese, and tomato! Serve right away and enjoy.